Victory in Iraq - Next Stop, Afghanistan

10 March 2009

Please read my latest article by picking up a copy of Townhall Magazine.  Townhall is offering a free copy of my book "Moment of Truth in Iraq," with new subscriptions to their excellent magazine. Please keep in mind that whenever I publish in a magazine or newspaper, the editors chose the title and blurb.  The words within the articles are mine, however.  (Such as my Wall Street Journal piece last year: "Let's Surge Some More." That was not my title.)

Heading to Singapore this weekend for meetings and research on al Qaeda, then back for a short stay on American soil.  Writing is at least 95% homework and fieldwork.  The writing sometimes seems like an afterthought.

Michael

Comments

# ronfutrell 2009-03-10 07:43

Keep up the great work Michael

# Frank Warner 2009-03-10 19:11
I didn't know Sadr was sending e-mails.

Thank goodness that, in spite of all those who make excuses for tyrants, the American liberators ended fascist repression in Iraq and did the hard and heroic work to leave behind a democracy. There is no peace without freedom.

Now Iraq has its first real chance for a future of peace and progress.

# Randy Carruthers 2009-03-10 19:16
Thanks for your excellent work! You seem to be one tireless dude! When you get back to Afghanistan, I hope you can get over to FOB Fotress (NE of Jalalabad) where my son, Tim Carruthers, is based. God bless!

# red green 2009-03-10 19:18
--Give my thanks to the troops for what they are fighting for. I don't just support them and not support their cause. It makes no sense and it is wrong.--

This is so internally contradictory that it must have caused some brain trauma.

Thanks for doing

# Demo 2009-03-10 20:28
Townhall is right! The war is over and we won. Also, those dozens of people blown apart in Iraq the past few days were holograms.

# JeffS 2009-03-10 21:01
Excellent work Michael, keep it up.

# BC1358 2009-03-11 04:57
You've written a wonderful book. I find your website and blogs invaluable in terms of keeping up to date on these theaters. I have contributed and I will continue. Keep up the great work.

# Brit in CO 2009-03-12 19:29
Townhall is wrong. Saddam was not captured, tried and executed for war crimes, the Baathist dictatorship was not replaced by a democracy, electricity, watersupply and medical care in Iraq are not better than pre-liberation and al-Qaida is not hated in Iraq and on the ropes. This war is lost, Harry Reid said so!

# Annabelle 2009-04-30 15:17
I've never had any friends or family have to go overseas, but now my uncle is in Iraq (i have no idea where) and my friend Tim is in Afghanistan @ FOB fortress.