Letter from Senator Charles Grassley

Grassley-letter-Senator1000

Comments

# RE: Letter from Senator Charles GrassleyJV 2011-12-23 17:35
That's good - however he's not on a relevant committee - what weight does this person have on "agriculture, budget and finance"? Hopefully budget and finance. I'd like to know what people on the defense-type committees are thinking on this issue.

+2 # RE: Letter from Senator Charles GrassleyJFindley 2011-12-23 18:43
It is approaching two months since the date of that letter. How is that "immediate response" he requested doing?

+1 # Form letters - Bah HumbugSnakeyTrickerCharlie 2011-12-23 18:52
This is just a form letter that says nothing and seeks to show the voter that the Senator is actually concerned. It is the Army's response, thus far very sad, indeed, that will contain any real information.
Good P.R., Sen. Grassley, but nothing more.

# At least they got a letterStan Reck 2011-12-23 20:00
I just got a canned email response that didn't address the issue.

# bcc or what?Pete Kosel 2011-12-23 20:37
I seem to recall that back when I was a bureaucrat in California we'd indicate at the bottom of a letter who got copies. Maybe the feds do that, maybe they don't, maybe a separate/differ ent letter was sent to the Secretary of the Army, who knows.

# Is more guns actually better?Pete Kosel 2011-12-23 20:47
I know nothing about the subject but it occurs to me to wonder if armed evac copters of non-Army services have similar, better or worse response times. I have vague, dim memories of standing in line for bullets once upon a time.

+2 # RNPAJ 2011-12-24 12:05
While in WWII, the Red Cross was sometimes honored in the Atlantic, we have seen that it was a target in almost every asian & middle eastern conflict we have been a part ot.
As for the weapons on Dust-0ff (as I recall them), read my comments immediately above! The only negative in A'stan is the weight that can limit the number of people carried by the craft. I would opt for more guns since I would need to protect the wounded as well as craft and operators.
I wonder if a Red Crescent would work, but since the terrorists are targeting civilians and hospitals, I really doubt it!
Back to an old addage from my uncle's war (RVN), Red Crosses only help when BOTH sides recognize and HONOR the Geneva Convention!
Have a very blessed and joyous Christmas, and a happy new year.