Crash of the MiG

image001

14 November 2013
Written by: Abou Ebraheem
Translation to Arabic: Suhaib Ghoutani

MiG jets bomb my city between five to ten times every day taking the lives of scores of innocent people.

About two months ago, a jet fly over my city for its normal morning bombing.  The MiG flew over the city in circles in what looked like maneuvers to destroy the Seyasieh Bridge, the only link between the city and the countryside.

I was sitting with some of my friends in front of my house, and we heard the roar of the MiG. In fear of the bombing, everyone in the neighborhood ran for shelter in places they thought were safe.

As a media activist in the revolution, I jokingly said to my friends, "I am going up to the roof to shoot down a jet with my camera". They laughed at me. I rushed up to find a spot where I can shoot the jet and document the bombing, hoping the whole world would see what the regime forces do.

The jet kept orbiting the town and maneuvering in the sky for more than twenty-three minutes and I was following it around with my handy-cam. Out of a sudden, the MiG fell down and hit the ground causing a huge explosion.  It was not shot down it just fell from the sky like a stone.

image003

I was so happy it fell down I shouted "Allahu Akbar!", and I called on my friends to see the jet falling down. My friends ran out of the shelters thanking God and shouting "Allahu Akbar!" with me. As I always do, I placed the video on my YouTube channel.

Just days after that, I found a video of the American Fox News that shows a discussion between the host and his guest Senator John McCain on the video I shot for documentation.

The host called me an extremist and terrorist just because I said "Allahu Akbar" when the jet fell down, while Senator McCain considered my reaction normal as I was only thanking God and I thank Senator McCain for understanding better how we talk.  I have no bad feelings for Fox, only to say if your football team wins a game you would say Allahu Akbar.  It does not mean we are on a holy war, though yes terrorists will also say Allahu Akbar when they attack us.

I wonder today, after two years of bombing my city by the regime, why did not the host call the pilot a terrorist when he had killed civilians and destroyed schools, hospitals, and homes.

At least one jet will never bomb us again, and for that I thank God.

Raw Version:

Comments

+10 # Media perceptionMike Barnett 2013-11-14 21:06
Abou Ebraheem questions why the talking heads in the American mainstream media don't refer to the pilot of the jet as a terrorist... I will posit that, political nuances aside, the average member of the media cannot grok an airplane belonging to terrorists. The cost and complexity of the machine somehow seems to give legitimacy to any group flying them, at least to those with a shallow grasp of the situation and realities of modern conflict.

+4 # Grok?Sun Tzu 2013-11-14 23:59
Me thinks I have detected a Stranger in a Strange Land 8)

May the Old Ones be with you 8)

+10 # Agree with MikeJohn - Capt in ANG 2013-11-14 22:15
Journalists today can't be bothered with actually being knowledgeable about the topics they opine about. I was watching a special on the assignation of JFK, and how Walter Kronkite had early reports on the assignation. He refused to report it until it was verified and he knew the sources were valid.

Today, there's no shame. He could have just been nicked and there'd be a rush to sensationalize non-information . You'd have experts on ballistics opining and all sorts of non-sense, as the real story and facts languish (sort like my point in this rant).

This is why I haven't watched a US newscast in over 6-7 years. It's why most people today get their news from the Internet. US News did what American radio did: pi$$ed all over their own content to the point no one wants to watch/listen.

+4 # I hate spell cheek [sic]John - Capt in ANG 2013-11-14 22:16
Assassination Assassination
There, was that so hard?

+3 # RE: I hate spell cheek [sic]Noah Pology 2013-11-14 22:58
Considering JFK is now famous for his assignations that went unreported in spite of verifiable evidence, the transposition of those two words and the context you used to explain your idea is if not ironic, at least funny.

# Thank GodSun Tzu 2013-11-14 22:38
You have the insight, the fortune and the fortitude to tell the truth and let the truth be told in the process. ;-)

These same smug talking heads would do well though to remember the 60 Minutes piece where we where collectively cheering on a group of rag tag Afghan freedom fighters, called the Muhajideen, yelling Allah Akbar as they shot down Soviet aircraft crews (with American Stinger missiles), and who later became the Taliban and Al-Qaeda!

Just an observation from a thinking part of the nation 8)

+8 # Messy divorcePeter 2013-11-14 22:43
I am still not convinced who to believe, just like in EGYPT!

+4 # RE: Crash of the MiGHeath 2013-11-14 23:06
I could notice the contrast between the real peaceful birds in the sky harming nobody and the MiG is harming everybody. Most countries have their military airfields near their national borders. Jet fighters are supposed to react to any emergencies and not be terrorists killing their own people. Hopefully more MiGs suffer mechanical failures and drop like stones out of these skies preferably in an empty field if possible. 8)

+4 # Out of FuelSun Tzu 2013-11-14 23:37
"Hopefully more MiGs suffer mechanical failures and drop like stones out of these skies preferably in an empty field if possible."

More likely the MiG ran out of fuel if it was on station for 23 minutes, that is long time for a fighter that size to stay on station at the slow speeds required for ground targeting and delivery ;-) Fuel consumption is the same as if was flying flat out or worse ;-)

# RE: Crash of the MiGDaShui 2013-11-14 23:09
Curtis lemay, terrorist?

# RE: Crash of the MiGbrad ervin 2013-11-15 00:49
A plane does not fall out of the sky for lack of fuel, nor for lack of an engine; it falls out of the sky because something breaks, or the pilot is incapacitated.

If a plane's engine stops, for any reason, the plane lands, sometimes very quickly, but never straight down.

# RE: Crash of the MiGwoodNfish 2013-11-15 16:25
It is very difficult to have any sympathy for these people:

The fact is that most terrorists are muslims and they seem to enjoy murdering everyone including each other. To me, they are like commies - the only good ones are dead.

Do you intend to report on the the muslims murdering christians in Syria,Michael? Or are you just trying to build sympathy for a culture of butchery?

+1 # build sympathy for a culture of butchery?Pete Flynn 2013-11-15 19:06
Indeed.
Sad to say, what we see is a culture of thieves and beggars.
I'm certainly not going to pick a side because inevitably they will come for the infidels when one side finishes off the other.

+5 # The Great...TinyC 2013-11-17 02:08
Thank you for sharing, Michael. Bottom line, we all wish to be left in peace...to live our lives, sell our wares fairly and worship as we please. A religion that encourages, even requires, the extermination of those who believe differently.... well, Michael, I have a difficult time placing those people on the same level as human beings. Allahu Akbar is a cry related to murder in the eyes of a U.S. citizen after 9/11 and other brutal barbaric offenses committed on innocents by yes, Muslims. Muslims should rein in their own who are out of control (yes, terrorists) yet they refuse. What are we to think? Bless you and Happy Thanksgiving... you are appreciated.

# Crash of the MiGMckenzie 2016-03-12 06:13
Thanks on your marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you're a
great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will often come back
at some point. I want to encourage that you continue
your great posts, have a nice day!

Check out my blog post :: easy affiliate program, Dorothea: http://finance-money.net,

# Crash of the MiGCierra 2016-08-11 01:38
No, pues la abdominoplastia es una técnica indicada cuando sobra piel y
es preciso reparar la musculatura abdominal, al tiempo que la lipoescultura solo logra disminuir el volumen graso.

My web-site :: blefaroplastia inferior barcelona: http://www.hntljx.cn/comment/html/index.php?page=1&id=4190

# Crash of the MiGAlphonso 2018-02-01 09:05
Just desire to say your article is as astounding.
The clearness in your post is just nice and i can assume you are an expert on this subject.
Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.

Here is my homepage ... [url=http://zin k.mw.lt/downloa d?name=jcow-v8- pro.zip20href=' www.denys-elect ricite-presles. fr/&url=http:// cutt.us/FLygD]h ttp://zink.mw.l t/

# Crash of the MiGDoug 2018-05-21 16:47
It's very easy to find out any topic on net as compared
to textbooks, as I found this paragraph at this website.

my web site; Dylan: http://meelink.hol.es/blogs_8981122