Bowe Bergdahl: Two messages from the Taliban

10 April 2012

Over the months I have communicated with the Taliban about US prisoner Bowe Bergdahl.  Numerous times I have asked the Taliban to allow me to visit Bowe.  In each case, the Taliban has declined citing security issues.

It has been said that I am negotiating with the Taliban for Bowe's release.  This is untrue.  I have asked only to visit.  Nothing more.

This morning, I received two emails from the account of Zabihullah Mujahid, a high-level Taliban spokesman in regard to Bowe Bergdahl:

===Begin Taliban message===

dont worry , we are not like Americans  who are doing to bad with their presnors in their preson , may be you remember or not the lady who was in our preson b4 and then she became muslim . it was because of good behaviour of our comanders . He is safe and have good health and sorry for this to say that we will invite you to see him becase of some security reasons .

But I asure you that he is happy and have good health . our holy prophet (Hazrat muhammad ) pbuh teach us how to deal with presnors .
so once again dont worry abut him , and my reqards and about his health to his family .
be safe.

===End Taliban message===

Also, on 29 March 2012, I had emailed a follow-up to the account of Zabihullah Mujahid:

===Begin my message===

Zabihullah,

Please ask the Taliban if I can come with a camera to record that Bowe is okay.

If you can send recent photos of Bowe, I would greatly appreciate this.

Thank you.

====End my message===

The second email today from the account of Zabihullah Mujahid:

===Begin Taliban message===

you have to wait for this, we know better that which time is best for his pic or vidio.
thanks.

===End Taliban message===

Comments

+8 # RE: Bowe Bergdahl: Two messages from the TalibanHeath 2012-04-10 12:54
Praying something good will come out of this situation. There must be something the tablian needs or wants in order to release the U.S. soldier.

+4 # Patriotic AmericanBetty 2012-04-10 14:26
How did this man become prisoner? Was he soldier or contractor? I hope he is ok and will be released. Sad the chasm of understanding there is between cultures. Prayers for safety and release. You be careful.

+1 # powFOBSHARANA 2012-04-15 19:47
He walked off his base to go get drunk and celebrate with local KPF guards where he was sold to the taliban for $100.00 usd, We lost a lot of people trying to find him, and in turn caused a lapse in security at other bases as air assists where shifted to help locate him so his decision to walk off of our base was his and his alone, I hope he comes home one day. Because one of my best friends never gets to come home now because of his selfish act!

+1 # RE: powHeath 2012-04-15 21:31
You mean he walked off the base and was missing when the sarge did his head counts to make sure nobody was missing due to security measures in place. I think there needs to be security guards posted at each point & the guard calls the base commander to see if this is an authorized leave off the base. No one should come & go as they please. I remember vietnam veterans at the bar telling me they were not allowed off the base without a pass card & names checked against the list & when they go on combat patrols always accompanied by an officer etc. Surprised those common-sense security measures are not in place.

+4 # Three Years In Captivity!Lallie 2012-04-10 16:29
As a mother of a son, Bowe Bergdahl has remained in my thoughts since learning he had been taken by the Taliban three years ago. I understand there is some question as to the circumstances of his capture, but he is an American who has family that loves and misses him. I have two formerly-releas ed newspaper pictures of him on my fridge and pray for him often. I am always so glad to hear he is STILL alive and reportedly well. Thanks, Michael, for trying to make contact with him. Praying the Taliban will allow you to talk with him at some point in the near future and he will soon be released unharmed.

+1 # RE: Bowe Bergdahl: Two messages from the Talibankaren 2012-04-12 13:41
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR WORK

0 # Bring them HomeElaine 2012-04-13 03:32
Bring them home and IF the time arrives that OUR Military is needed, we Need a President who has the welfare and heart "for" our men/women in the Military.
Until then BRING THEM ALL HOME!!!

0 # RE: Bowe Bergdahl: Two messages from the TalibanBrian 2012-04-17 15:14
In my opinion, slightly insane on your part to offer yourself into the hands of these people.

Reader support is crucial to this mission. Weekly or monthly recurring ‘subscription’ based support is the best, though all are greatly appreciated.  Recurring and one-time donations are available through PayPal or Authorize.net.