Afghanistan: General John Campbell -- I do not trust him

07 October 2015

General Campbell is commander of NATO forces in Afghanistan. After this devastating Kunduz hospital airstrike, I again withheld judgment until more facts came in.

Our HQ in Afghanistan, under command of General Campbell, told me explicitly in writing that our troops were taking fire from the facilities. This turned out to be false. Our side continues to change its story.

As a writer and war correspondent who covered those very battlefields, I have seen endless media stampedes during which a rush to judgment led to bad outcomes for everyone.

Stampedes often are triggered by seemingly random bolts of lightning -- something trips our collective sensibilities -- and the herd startles from the thunderclap.

The media and the herd enter into a feedback loop. The media feeds the herd, and the herd responds to the media and demands more feed.

Since 2012, I have repeatedly published that General Campbell is untrustworthy as a source.

Please believe me that I prefer to support commanders, and not to chop down their trees. But some Generals should not be up there.

Here we go again. This time with the attack on the Kunduz hospital.

Under General Campbell's command the story keeps changing.

First his people told me in writing that our people were being fired upon from the Doctors without Borders facility in Kunduz. Now they tell me in writing that this is not true.

We attacked the hospital for no reason that is currently apparent, and our side has had plenty of time to spell it out.

Confidence is lost.

Secretary of Defense should consider removing General Campbell from command.

This is not my first experience with General Campbell. Please see this video from 2012:

Comments

# Obat Sipilisdoni wahyudi 2015-10-18 08:46
Obat Ampuh Guna Sembuhkan Sifilis
Obat Sipilis Manjur
Obat Sipilis Mujarab
Obat Sipilis Mujarab
Obat Sipilis Mujarab
Obat Sipilis Mujarab

# Keep Pokin'Gary Andrews 2015-10-22 00:34
Mike, keep pokin' those hornets' nests. I know it is hard getting your ass kicked all of the time, but we need your unbiased commentary in order to hear the truth. Thank you.

# RE: Keep pokin'Michael St John 2015-11-02 03:27
Right on Mr. Andrews!

# Chulai 1968Michael St John 2015-11-02 03:25
Mike keep up the great work! I respect your passion for the "TRUTH"! in the reporting of combat.

God Bless Ya Brother!
S.F. / Chu-Lai 1968

# noneKathie Baker 2016-08-28 16:30
I would like to know where General Campbell went after Afghanistan. I believe someone is scamming me saying they are him. Please if you have any information let me know. Thank you.

# Afghanistan: General John Campbell -- I do not trust himChester 2018-06-07 11:41
CHISHOLM, Roderick. GOFFMAN, Erving. AGAMBEM, Giorgio.

Também visite meu página de teia ; sexo ao vivo - sexonanet.net: https://sexonanet.net/bodybuilders-gay/

# Afghanistan: General John Campbell -- I do not trust himStormy 2018-06-07 22:09
A posteriori as bolas passavam no bacamarte ?

Sinta se livre para visita meu homepage sexo
ao vivo na webcam: http://dl.oilexploration.ir/?sexo_ao_vivo_232889